What comes to mind when you hear about the word ‘environment’? You may not know this but it covers broader meaning and terms. Do you know anything about the Science of the Total Environment is an international journal for publication of original research on the total environment?
It is basically about the collections of paper work and journals about the various elements of the environment as well as its interaction with human activities – how humans affect it and how it affects human in return.
Understanding the Concept
When we are talking about environment, most of us only understand the surrounding environment – things that we can see and touch. In reality, the total environment includes hydrosphere, lithosphere, atmosphere, biosphere, and anthroposphere. These five elements are often overlapping each other. The examples of each element are:
- Hydrosphere: sediment data, surface flow, and groundwater contamination
- Atmosphere: emission, pollutant concentrations, isotopes fractions, and wind speed (and also the direction)
- Lithosphere: soil chemistry and perimeters, composition, and bedrock geology
- Biosphere: microbial data, elemental content, species abundance, pathology, and physiological condition
- Anthroposphere: economic output, land use, discharge data, and transportation data.
When studies are done on one aspect (or sphere) only won’t be considered as the total environment should inspect, focus, monitor, and discuss at least two elements – or at least three. The study to the total environment should be done when data are collected from these five elements, with priority given to the field studies. It would be best to combine lab studies and the field studies as well – although priority will be given to the field research. The areas of subjects may include these things:
- Air pollution and the human health
- Forestry, agriculture, land usage and also land management
- Environmental remediation
- Life cycle assessment and ecosystem service
- Noise within the environment
- Groundwater modeling and hydrogeochemistry
- Environmental policy and management
- Water and waste treatment
- Of course, the subjects aren’t limited to those elements only. As long as you can cover two or three elements within the total environment subjects, you are good to go.
Those who are interested in submitting their papers in total environment subjects can always contact the responsible editor to manage everything. When talking about Science of the Total Environment is an international journal for publication of original research on the total environment, especially when talking about the impact of human activities to the surrounding environment. Naturally, the impact will affect the total elements of the environment itself and then how it affects the human in the end Credit : Agen Togel Terpercaya